Wednesday, July 15, 2015

It's about having fun.

After reading the article "The Pace Race" by Kim Carlton  
(http://blog.oilpaintersofamerica.com/2015/07/the-pace-race/) and also talking to Facebook friend Ralph Parker. I have decided to take my time doing what I like to do. Paint. Instead of trying to complete many paintings so I have a lot of art to show, I decided that I should continue at my slower pace and really enjoy what I am doing. And not make myself crazy over the quantity of paintings I am doing but instead about the quality of art I am producing. As Ralph said "Life is getting shorter." I want to continue to grow my ability to paint which would be compromised if I tried to paint faster. As Simon & Garfunkel sang (59th Street Bridge song)"Slow down, you move too fast. You got to make the morning last. Just kicking down the cobble stones. Looking for fun and feelin' groovy." I need to remember that my painting is about having fun. Thanks Kim & Ralph for setting me straight. Well I guess it's time I get back to my day job.
Here's a painting I did a little while ago, where I took my time and had lots of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment