Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Why do I paint?


There are probably many reasons to paint, sculpt, create art, play an instrument, sing etc.

Personally I paint for many reasons, but the main reason is because it makes me feel good. Art is a form of nourishment for the soul, an inner necessity.
I have this need to satisfy my inner spirit because it brings me happiness, relieves stress and boosts my energy.

There is this part of my personality that pushes me to paint, because it gives me pleasure, lifting my spirit and to continually increase my creative juices.
When I’m painting, I have a tendency to get lost in my painting, zoning out, and losing all track of time, to the point of forgetting to eat or going to bed.

I try to paint as much as possible, when too much time passes between paintings, I have this feeling that I’m missing something. It’s like an addiction, a need to paint (create art) to feel satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment