Wednesday, January 28, 2015

I breathe, therefore I paint.

I have been drawing, painting and creating of and on since I was 12 years old.
It’s something that I just have to do. It’s like taking a breath.
There’s no other way to explain it. I breathe, I paint, therefore I am.
I paint to discover what’s locked inside me. Maybe, just maybe it’s the mysteries of life.
Using color, light & shadow I create the moment, looking for the hidden colors & textures that make up an object.
Using what I see, my paintings start to come alive. It starts with a concept and continues
with the very first stroke. That life is the key that unlocks the mystery of what I am trying to perceive. I look deep within myself to capture the essence of a painting.
It's about the communication with the painting & the emotion that flows from me to the paper. 


The more I get know & feel about the subject matter the more the painting will come to life.
Sometimes I learn enough on a certain subject that another painting will eventually evolve from it.






"I've looked at life from both sides now,
From win and lose and still somehow
It's life's illusions I recall
I really don't know life at all." (Joni Mitchell)

No comments:

Post a Comment